HW Power is committed to providing a work place free from all recognized hazards. To achieve this, HW Power has developed a comprehensive safety program focused on accident reduction through hazard recognition, education, and safety leadership. A key element of our program is our dedicated team of safety professionals. They provide added value to crews by conducting trainings and providing oversight on complex tasks and work practices. Our consistent focus on safety exemplifies our dedication to achieving our goal of zero incidents.
HW Power maintains experienced training staff to afford employees a means of learning new tasks in a safe environment.
Trade specific training is conducted on:
- Gas-Covered Tasks
- High Voltage Work Practices
- Welding Operations
- Trenching & Shoring
- Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space, Pole Top, and Trench Rescue
- Hoisting and Rigging Training
- Heavy Equipment Operator Training
HW POWER IS FOCUSED ON SAFETY AND PEOPLE
HW Power understands that education and training are an important element of our safety program. Our crew members are properly trained in the work being performed, and remain compliant with local, state and federal requirements.
HW Power facilitates Continued Education courses, on an ongoing basis. Some of the courses include:
- OSHA Construction 10 and 30-Hour Outreach Training
- Excavation Trenching & Shoring Competent Person
- Confined Space Competent Person
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Smith System Driver’s Training
- Supervisor’s Leadership Training
- Environmental Conservation Training
- Behavior Based Safety Training
- Wildfire Prevention Training